none
creating web service proxy and deleting WSDL file issue RRS feed

• Question

• i just need to know that after creating web service proxy if i delete wsdl file then is there will be any problem for creating web service class related instance?

so guide what i need to do after deleting wsdl file from VS2010 IDE as a result there will be no problem to call web service.

my first question was about web service(ASMX) file. so my question is still same but what i need to do in case WCF service. because there is also wsdl file generate after creating proxy. if i delete wsdl file in this case also so how could i make a call to wcf service.

please explain in details.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>so my question is still same but what i need to do in case WCF service. because there is also wsdl file generate after creating proxy.

It is ok when you call the method after creating service proxy and then delete the wsdl file.

Best Regards.

Haixia
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>so my question is still same but what i need to do in case WCF service. because there is also wsdl file generate after creating proxy.

It is ok when you call the method after creating service proxy and then delete the wsdl file.

Best Regards.

Haixia
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:25 AM
  • can u plzz tell me what is WSDL file and its importance. when wsdl file is require and when it is not. if i delete wsdl file from my solution after creating proxy then is there will be any problem to call the service.
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:03 AM
  • Hi,

WSDL describes the complete contract for application communication and make Web services widely approachable by using WSDL definitions to generate code that knows precisely how to interact with the Web service described, and hides tedious details in sending and receiving SOAP messages over different protocols. For more detail information on WSDL, please refer: Understanding WSDL.

You can hide the WSDL information for security if you do not want to expose those information, by removing serviceMetadata behavior from your service configuration or turn its httpGetEnabled to false.

After creating the proxy, it will be no problem to call the service, you can test on your side.

Best Regards.

Haixia

Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:08 AM
  • Hi,

Read more about. It will clear your concept.

1. Web Service Definition Language (WSDL)

2. Understanding the Basics of Web Service in ASP.NET

Happy Coding.

Thanks.

Knight Data Access Layer - .NET ORM, LINQ Provider, and more https://www.kellermansoftware.com/p-47-net-data-access-layer.aspx

Monday, February 18, 2013 2:18 PM