none
SCSI commands supported by Azure Storage

Question

• Hi,

I would like to know if Azure Storage supports ODX SCSI command 0x83h and 0x84h. Also, in general, can you also provide the list of all the SCSI commands that are supported by Azure Storage?

Thanks,

-- SPP

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 4:03 PM

Answers

• 0x83h is supported but 0x84h is NOT. Most SCSI commands that are supported by Hyperv should work on Azure VM disks. There would be a few exceptions, like the ones noted above, and it may change.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Sangram,

I've checked and have been unable to find anything to say ODX SCSI is supported in Azure Storage.
    I would require some time to confirm this and will keep you posted with any updates.
    Appreciate the patience.

Regards,
    Malar.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 11:36 AM
  • 0x83h is supported but 0x84h is NOT. Most SCSI commands that are supported by Hyperv should work on Azure VM disks. There would be a few exceptions, like the ones noted above, and it may change.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:06 PM
  • As I can see page 0x83 is supported by the Azure. I wanted to know if the SCSI ID returned by page 0x83 is reliable?.

I came across following post,

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/913876ab-c576-400b-843a-ad3acb3cd6ca/azure-linux-vm-disks-do-not-have-persistent-scsi-inquiry-device-ids?forum=WAVirtualMachinesforWindows

Here it is mentioned that the SCSI IDs are getting changed across STOP followed by START. Can you confirm if this issue has been fixed ?. Should I rely upon page 0x83 ?

Friday, April 28, 2017 1:17 PM