How can i add my custom debugger in Visual studio "Debug Target" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can i add my custom debugger in Visual studio "Debug Target".

I want to add my custom debugger in VS Extension, without MPF.

I can able to add Custom debugger via VSCT file in my Visual studio package, but not able to select that "Debug Target" from the devices list.

I want to use it as generally since i dont have any custom project so i can not be able to add MPF also for this.

Let me know , if more details required.

• Edited by gloKanchan Friday, May 29, 2015 7:55 AM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:40 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You need to implement IVsProjectCfgDebugTargetSelection Interface to control the debug target menu, see this thread for reference:

Extending the "Start Debugging" menu in custom project type

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 29, 2015 7:08 AM
  • Hi, 

Thanks for reply, I tried this option by directly implementing  IVsProjectCfgDebugTargetSelection Interface in my Package class itself but no method get invoke.

We can do that if we are using MPF but i can not be able to add MPF in my project so is there any other way by that i can reuse this interface to extend Debug target for my project.

Friday, May 29, 2015 7:50 AM
  • 

By using command in VS Extension, i can able to add Menu in “Debug  Target “ list, but menu is disabled and not able to select that from the list.

Check the below screenshot.

Monday, June 1, 2015 11:55 AM
  • Hi, 

Thanks for reply, I tried this option by directly implementing  IVsProjectCfgDebugTargetSelection Interface in my Package class itself but no method get invoke.

We can do that if we are using MPF but i can not be able to add MPF in my project so is there any other way by that i can reuse this interface to extend Debug target for my project.

By checking the documentation again:

This interface is retrieved by   a QueryInterface from the project's configuration   object that implements IVsDebuggableProjectCfg.

That means you need a project configuration object which implements IVsDebuggableProjectCfg, something like the ProjectConfig.cs file in the MPF for Projects.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 5:34 AM
  • That's because the project system has no knowledge of this particular command.

The project system is the component responsible for executing (or debugging) the project. The android project type may (or may not) support wiring up arbitrary emulators, but I don't know for a certainty.

Will ping the VS debugger team and see if this is even a supported scenario, and let you know what I hear back.

Ed Dore

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:38 PM
  • Thanks for reply,

We want to add our custom debugger on the top of Apache cordova project, we don't have any custom project so can't use MPF also.

Please Let us know, can we do it, And if yes what is the best way and guidelines also.

Please do the needful because it's very urgent, Client is waiting for the reply.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 9:51 AM