none
Error while running default ms office application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I was starting MS Office app development and just started to look around. I have installed windows 8.1, VS 2013, Office 2013 of my machine.

I was creating my first MS Office 2013 app by selecting from VS 2013 and just hit F5 to see output in MS Word but it thrown error that "App_Error, sorry we could not load app check that you have network etc". I tried running microsoft office app demo but that also throwing same error. I guess there is some issue with environment setup for app development.

I have also installed SharePoint 2010 on my machine. Will this causing any issue, because on my other machine its working.

When we debug and run app from VS, Vs will make some entries in Registry, what if registry modification is protected? Where all it make entires?

I have internet connectivity using lan cable and wifi as well.

I am attaching snap shot, please let me know what issue here.

Monday, December 2, 2013 8:12 AM

Answers

• I found the solution, Just run the app with ssl enable once and disable ssl and run again it will work. This all issues was because of ssl enable.

Thanks for help.
    Friday, December 6, 2013 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. To narrow down this issue, I need to confirm several questions with you.

Could you install apps for Office from Office App Store and run it successfully?

Will this error message still exist if you enable offline debugging using a local reference?

To enable office debugging, in “home.html” page, using local reference instead of online one.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:58 AM
  • Yes I am able to install app from office app store say bing app and I can use it perfectly.

I tried both online and offline debugging, both give same error message.

I tried on a machine it on machine where sharepoint not installed.

I tried running this in both my local account for administrator privileges and directly running under administrator account. Even I tried VS running under administrator account.

In all scenarios its giving same output above in image.

Can't figure out what is the issue here?
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 6:41 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I suspect this issue is caused by wrong port.

Please try the workaround below and see whether this issue would be resolved:

Select Office App Project > Right Click > Select "Set As StartUp Project";

Select Web Application Project > Right Click > Select Properties;

Choose the Web Tab and Copy the Project URL (In my project, it is http://localhost:21645/);

Then go to Application Manifest XML file, and replace “~remoteAppUrl” with Project URL;

Press F5 to run.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:37 PM
  • I found the solution, Just run the app with ssl enable once and disable ssl and run again it will work. This all issues was because of ssl enable.

Thanks for help.
    Friday, December 6, 2013 12:45 PM