Phone RED button(Hang up) click notificatioin RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyone,

I want to check if the call in progress has been terminated by clicking the red button on the phone.

can i recieve any notification stating that the call in progress has been terminated because of pressing the red button on the phone.
    what i also want to know is can i receive any notification stating that the person on the other end terminated the current call in progress by clicking the red button on the phone.

ThankYou
    sachinjesukaran
    Ssachin
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:47 AM

All replies

• Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:51 AM
  • hello everyone,

Thank you Mohsin for the reply

any sample application on capturing the red key(end key) and the green key(talk key) will be very helpful.
    also are there any specific notifications stating that the call has ended because of clicking on the red button on my side or on the recievers side.

ThankYou
    sachinjesukaran

Ssachin
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:44 AM
  • hello everyone,

i just wanted to breif you what my application is intended to do:
    1. capture drop calls.(bad network coverage on either the callers end or there receivers end)
    2. capture normally ended calls(call terminated by pressing the end key on the callers or receivers end).
    Things i tried to check for a dropped call
    1. Checked for the no of active calls and the signal strength when the call drops but this logic  works only if the call drop is due to bad network coverage on my phone .cannot check for the scenario if the call has been dropped due to poor network coverage on the receivers end.
    2. Phone api CALLLOGENTRY has a fEnded member which returns a value of TRUE if call ended normally or returns a FALSE value if call has been dropped but fEnded always return true under all scenarios.
    currently what i am trying is
    1. if i can get a notification in my app stating that the call has been ended normally by pressing the RED h/w button on the phone(on my end or the receiver end) ,which implies that the call has been terminates normally. Any other termination can be treated as a dropped call

my question is can this be acheived ie can i get any notification in my app installed on my phone  stating that the call is terminated by clicking on the Red h/w button(End key)  either on my phone or the receivers phone when the call is in progress.

any other suggestion to check for a call drop will also be helpful.

ThankYou.
    Ssachin
    Friday, June 19, 2009 11:02 AM
  • Hello Ssachin,

Please refer the link below, seems like your requirement.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssmartdevicesvbcs/thread/f85c6456-a019-46d4-84e1-550f2ab7b6ba

Regards,
    Amit Rote
    Friday, June 19, 2009 11:46 AM
  • hello everyone,

Thank you amit for you reply.

i managed to check for for the Red button press(end key press) by hooking onto the keyboard events using AlexYakhnin keyboard hook class and i check for call terminated by clicking the red button(end button) by  checking for the the red button(end key) press and checking the Systemstate poperty .
    but how do i check if the reciver at the other end has terminated the call by pressing the red button(end key) can i receive any notification in the app installed in my device.

Thank you

Ssachin
    Friday, June 19, 2009 2:19 PM
  • Hello Sachin,

I think you need to make use of RIL Functions for the same.
    Please refer the link below-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa921525.aspx

Also I think you can get the SystemState.PhoneActiveCallCount change or SystemState.PhoneCallTalking change events.
    Please refer the link below for more info on SystemState.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.windowsmobile.status.systemstate_members.aspx

Regards,
    Amit Rote
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 9:50 AM
  • hello ,

ThankYou amit for the reply.
    if you can please point to a api in RIL which can help to check for a normal call and a dropped call on either the caller or the receivers end or a link to the api which does the same will also be very helpful.

does window mobile have any flag which would be set when a call termination takes place due to pressing the red key(End key) or a termination from a custom phone interface such as the one available on the device or a third party phone interface.
    If such a flag is set it would be easy for me to check if the call is terminated normally atleast from one end.

ThankYou
    sachinjesukaran
    Ssachin
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:35 AM