Touch Screen on a Gateway All-In-One Machine

Question

• I am assuming the drivers for the above mentioned machines have not been released yet.  Any ideas as to when more drivers will be released?
    CDW
    Friday, September 16, 2011 10:02 PM

Answers

• Hey CWORELLSTER,

As with your other thread, you may be able to install drivers that are designed for other versions of Windows by using the compatibility troubleshooter. You can try this troubleshooter by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver/drivers.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    • Marked as answer by CWORRELLSTER Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:03 PM
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hey CWORELLSTER,

As with your other thread, you may be able to install drivers that are designed for other versions of Windows by using the compatibility troubleshooter. You can try this troubleshooter by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver/drivers.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    • Marked as answer by CWORRELLSTER Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:03 PM
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:56 PM
  • Steven, thanks for the info.  It turns out the touch screen on my machine is not working properly.  Only about 30% of the left side actually works.  Hardward problem I am sure.  Not exactly sure how to fix that.
    CDW
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:03 PM