none
How to add password to the database? RRS feed

Answers

• Using c#, mssql and ef6

How can  I add password to the database?

file type - .mdf

You attach the mdf file to MS SQL Server Express DB engine using MS SQL Server Express Management Studio. set the password for the database in question, and you detach the mdf from DB engine.
    Monday, July 20, 2015 4:09 PM

All replies

• Using c#, mssql and ef6

How can  I add password to the database?

file type - .mdf

You attach the mdf file to MS SQL Server Express DB engine using MS SQL Server Express Management Studio. set the password for the database in question, and you detach the mdf from DB engine.
    Monday, July 20, 2015 4:09 PM
  • In the management studio, where I can find the option for the password?

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 8:15 AM
  • I created a new login and password. Then I set the new login as the owner of the database. But I can still access it with my wpf app? Why the password haven't yet enforced?
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 12:15 PM
  • There must be something wrong with the connection string. Either it is wrong or your WPF Programname.exe is looking at the programname.exe.config where .NET is looking for program runtime configuration information and the connectionstring is wrong. The app.config is only used in VS debug mode. The programname.exe.config is built from the app.config  when the program is successfully built by VS.  You move the progranname.exe to a folder and run it from the folder, then programname.exe.config had better be in the folder too so .NET can find it. If exe.config  is wrong, which you can edit it and look at the content of the file, then it is wrong.

You are using WPF so let them help you.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=wpf

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 4:12 PM
  • But I can still access it with my wpf app? Why the password haven't yet enforced? After putting the password, without changing the connectionString I'm able to access the database!
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:00 PM
  • But I can still access it with my wpf app? Why the password haven't yet enforced? After putting the password, without changing the connectionString I'm able to access the database!

I don't know, and I am not Houdini. You need to post to the form that can help you with your WPF issues.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=wpf

Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:04 PM