none
How Microsoft Word compute Microsoft Excel graphics ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have designed a software with the OpenXML SDK 2.0 which generate Word documents with Excel graphics based on charts in it.

In order to benchmarking it, and see how it works with big documents I want to multiply the number of excel graphics and charts. 

My question is : if in a Word document they is several times the same Excel chart for a graphic, does Word recompute it each times or does it compute graphics one time and add the same result for all iteration?

Thank you,

Regards.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:23 AM

Answers

• By looking at the contents of a docx file with embedded worksheets or charts, it can be seen that a separate copy of each is kept - even if they're duplicates on the same page. Given that they are stored as separate objects, they would have to be rendered separately also.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:41 PM

All replies

• By looking at the contents of a docx file with embedded worksheets or charts, it can be seen that a separate copy of each is kept - even if they're duplicates on the same page. Given that they are stored as separate objects, they would have to be rendered separately also.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:41 PM
  • Thank you macropod,

It's a good new, I will not have to create a lot of different graphics!

Regards.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:12 AM