none
An unexpected error occurred when attempting to reserve the app name.

Question

• I have tried unique names to no avail. I believe my developer account is proper but the error message provides no clue as to what the error actually is. Has suspend development of a Hololens app now for over a month. The app association is required for OneDrive authentication. Any ideas? Thanks Kirk.
    • Moved by 宝宝徐 Friday, July 15, 2016 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Kirk,

Thank you for your post.

>>The app association is required for OneDrive authentication.

Based on this information, I did a research about registering your app for OneDrive API:

To register your app to connect with OneDrive, you'll need a Microsoft account.

1. Go to the Microsoft Application Registration Portal.
    2. When prompted, sign in with your Microsoft account credentials.
    3. Find My applications and click Add an app.
    4. Enter your app's name and click Create application.
    5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and check the Live SDK support box.

After you've completed these steps, an application ID and application secret are created for your app and displayed on your new app's properties page.

Since you didn't express the register of your App is for your own or business, for more detailed information, please refer to:https://dev.onedrive.com/app-registration.htm

Besides, how about providing us more detailed information about your app, such as the error message screenshot, we will have a better understanding of this issue and help you for further troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 6:23 AM
  • Thanks for the response Lana. I have set up my app for OneDrive. The issue I'm having is reserving/associating an app name in the App Store, which I've also read is needed for OneDrive authentication. It's unclear but maybe there's some connection between the OneDrive registration and the reserving of the app name in the Store, seems unlikely.

I have tried unique names for an app to associate with the Store but always get the subject error which unfortunately doesn't really let you know what the issue is. I will go through all the steps again starting with OneDrive and report back, but not optimistic having done them already.

Edit: I have used the example at https://github.com/OneDrive/onedrive-sdk-csharp/tree/master/samples/OneDrivePhotoBrowser, which I also registered with OneDrive and it get's the same error as my app that lead me to somehow find the Store app association requirement for OneDrive authentication. Error is "The application requesting authentication tokens is either disabled or incorrectly configured".
    • Edited by Kirk Covert Thursday, July 14, 2016 3:02 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:04 PM
  • Hi Kirk,

From your description, you question is related to publishing app, I help you move this case to

Windows and Windows phone appsPublishing Windows Store apps for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 15, 2016 9:40 AM
  • Thanks again, seems like something with my account.
    Sunday, July 17, 2016 6:37 PM
  • Does anyone have a support contact number for this. Been through hundreds or pigeon holes finding nothing. Constantly being transferred when calling and ending up no where.

Edit: Can't even add a new comment on this site and force to edit last one.

Have a whole new computer with all new installs, latest 1511 SDK. When I tried to associate my Hololens app now with the store Visual Studio crashes 100% of the time. So instead of solving this or even being able to get anyone at Microsoft who could I'm further back now. I don't know how many other devs are having this issue but if many they might be giving up like I am now. 3K for the Hololens device and can't even build my app that looks to use OneDrive.

• Edited by Kirk Covert Saturday, July 30, 2016 6:58 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 3:40 PM