Problem to create a new ASP.NET project- no ASP.NET in Visual Studio. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1433148330 posted

Hi,
    I'm new in ASP.NET.
    I used Visual Studio to make WPF applikations.
    Today I try to created a new ASP.NET project but I can't do it.
    What should I do?

Thursday, July 7, 2016 1:32 PM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Just go in  "Add Remove/Programs", search for Visual Studio 2015 and double click that to launch the installer again. Make sure to check the options you need ("Visual Web Developer" or something close) and the setup program should download/install the missing features (might take some time).

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 8, 2016 1:42 PM
  • User541108374 posted

Hi,

Download Visual Studio installer or there is better way?

If you have it handy you can make use of that. Otherwise go to Windows' control panel > Programs > programs and features > select visual studio and click change (this might vary on another version of windows but the way to do it is similar).

Grz, Kris.

Friday, July 8, 2016 2:29 PM

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

open Visual Studio. File > new project > C# > Web > ASP.NET Web application. Select in the next screen which type you want (webforms, mvc, ...).

Grz, Kris.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 2:19 PM
  • User-1433148330 posted

Thanks you for your advice but I can't find it.

I can't see WEB in Visual C# projects and the same when I use search. Please look at the printscreens.

I made about 100 projects in WPF. So that's not my first time in Visual Studio.

Previously I used VS Enterprise, but now I'm not a student so I use Community.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 3:10 PM
  • User541108374 posted

Hi,

when installing Visual Studio did you install the parts needed for web projects? Can you open the repair / installer again and make sure the checkbox is checked for what's needed to have the ability to create web applications? Perhaps you checked it off to save space on your disk.

If opting for the defaults in my VS 2013 (similar for other versions of VS) I can get to this screen:

Grz, Kris.

Friday, July 8, 2016 5:18 AM
  • User-1433148330 posted

XIII

Hi,

when installing Visual Studio did you install the parts needed for web projects? Can you open the repair / installer again and make sure the checkbox is checked for what's needed to have the ability to create web applications? Perhaps you checked it off to save space on your disk.

If opting for the defaults in my VS 2013 (similar for other versions of VS) I can get to this screen:

Grz, Kris.

I think I didn't install Web project because I was focused on WPF. So now I don't have it.

I don't know how to fix that.

I looked for how to add ASP.NET, but that's all I can find:

There is ASP.NET, but I can't create new ASP.NET project:

But I can't update it, because there is no ASP.NET project in updates section:

Friday, July 8, 2016 8:59 AM
  • User541108374 posted

Hi,

as I told you before, run the installer again or repair your current installation.

Grz, Kris.

Friday, July 8, 2016 11:00 AM
  • User-1433148330 posted

Thanks you very much !

How can I repair my installation?

Friday, July 8, 2016 12:30 PM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

Just go in  "Add Remove/Programs", search for Visual Studio 2015 and double click that to launch the installer again. Make sure to check the options you need ("Visual Web Developer" or something close) and the setup program should download/install the missing features (might take some time).

Friday, July 8, 2016 1:42 PM
  • User541108374 posted

Hi,

If you have it handy you can make use of that. Otherwise go to Windows' control panel > Programs > programs and features > select visual studio and click change (this might vary on another version of windows but the way to do it is similar).

Grz, Kris.

Friday, July 8, 2016 2:29 PM