none
What are the synchronous and asynchronous methods in VBA? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i've searched through the net but couldn't find any answer to this question of mine. does anyone know where to find it, or have any list like this.

e.g: Workbook.RefreshAll is asynchronous whereas Application.Calculate is synchrous.

But of course i'm only interested in the methods which may affect the results if it were asynchronous rather then synchronous, vice versa. e.g: i'm not interested in Autofill method of Range. it is certainly synchronous and waits for the autofill to finish before going to next line of the code.

Dig your well before you are thirsty

Thursday, December 8, 2016 1:10 PM

All replies

• Hi ExcelinEFendisi,

As you have found, and I also tried to find, I am afraid there is no such list to tell us which method is async and which method is sync.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 9, 2016 4:40 AM
  • Hi ExcelinEfendisi,

Do you have any issue about this thread? If you have, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:17 AM
  • well, i wish i had a list of those methods, but there seem to be none. this is the issue.

Friday, December 16, 2016 8:31 AM
  • Hi ExcelinEfendisi,

Well, we could leave this thread open and hope there is someone who collects this list and will share you.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

Monday, December 19, 2016 3:09 AM
  • fair enough

Monday, December 19, 2016 6:16 AM