my HP DV6-6121tx screen brightness not working after installing windows 8 developer's preview

Question

• i downloaded the windows 8 developer's preview 64 bit, i installed it, everything is working except by screen brightness is not working, even also i tried yo increase the brightness in power option nothing happens when i reduce it or increase it in brightness control option present in the power options, another problem i am facing is my audio driver provided by HP is not getting installed on this version of windows, everything else like graphics driver and other drivers worked fine, plzz help me out in solving these two problems of mine
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:22 AM

Answers

• First of all what is your graphics card? Make sure to get the latest drivers for Windows 7 like Chris had mentioned. Some drivers aren't totally compatible with Windows 8 as well. In my case, I have an Intel HD graphics card in my HP tm2t-2100CTO, and it doesn't work with any of the driver versions. The only work around was to disable and re-enable it in the Device Manager (search for it under Settings...). Be sure to keep an eye out for newer drivers as they may solve your issue.
    • Marked as answer by CYRAX2011 Sunday, September 25, 2011 6:58 PM
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:19 PM
  • CYRAX2011,

I am sorry to hear about your issues, have you downloaded the most current video and audio drivers for Windows 7 from the manufacturer’s website?  If not then give that a try to see if it fixes your issues.

If that doesn't work, then try to install the drivers in compatibility mode to see if that resolves the problem.

You can do this by:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 1:50 PM

All replies

• CYRAX2011,

I am sorry to hear about your issues, have you downloaded the most current video and audio drivers for Windows 7 from the manufacturer’s website?  If not then give that a try to see if it fixes your issues.

If that doesn't work, then try to install the drivers in compatibility mode to see if that resolves the problem.

You can do this by:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 1:50 PM
  • First of all what is your graphics card? Make sure to get the latest drivers for Windows 7 like Chris had mentioned. Some drivers aren't totally compatible with Windows 8 as well. In my case, I have an Intel HD graphics card in my HP tm2t-2100CTO, and it doesn't work with any of the driver versions. The only work around was to disable and re-enable it in the Device Manager (search for it under Settings...). Be sure to keep an eye out for newer drivers as they may solve your issue.
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:19 PM
  • yes u r absolutely ryt i too found the same thing after disabling and re enabling any of my display devices(intel Hd graphics or amd 6770m graphics) i get my screen brightness to normal and i am able to control its brightness but i need to do this every time i logon to windows 8, as when i logon to windows 8 my screen brightness remains too low and i am not able to control after disabling and re enabling my display adapters it once it works fine, does the same happens to u every time u logon to windows 8???
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 6:56 PM
  • This trick works for me, disabled and re-enabled, brightness options working now. :-)
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 3:01 AM