none
How to create a schedule to backup SQL Databases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I need to create a schedule to backup of a couple of SQL Databases (as shown in the picture below):

I want to apologize for asking that. I've never been worked with DataBases before...

Thank you

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:37 PM

All replies

• You are using sql server express - which is an important piece of information. Here is one article that discusses automating backups using the Windows Task Scheduler.
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:51 PM
  • Hi Windows Man,

Your picture is not displayed. Please use select @@version to check the version and edition of your SQL server.

If you are using SQL server express, there are two components to this. The first is the backup command and the second is the scheduling needed to run the backups. Please follow the steps from Scheduling Backups for SQL Server Express.

As opposite, you can use create a scheduled backup with SQL Server Maintenance Plans or using SQL Server Agent jobs and so on. Please refer to Multiple methods for scheduling a SQL Server backup automatically to get more information.

Hope these could help you.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:49 AM
  • Your picture is not displayed.

Cathy, it is, but only when you use Chrome or Firefox as browser, in IE you get only a small black box.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:16 AM
  • You are using sql server express - which is an important piece of information. Here is one article that discusses automating backups using the Windows Task Scheduler.

Hi guys,

Thank you for your reply. I'll see the article. I will come back here with the results.

See you later

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:17 PM
  • Hi Windows Man,

Your picture is not displayed. Please use select @@version to check the version and edition of your SQL server.

If you are using SQL server express, there are two components to this. The first is the backup command and the second is the scheduling needed to run the backups. Please follow the steps from Scheduling Backups for SQL Server Express.

As opposite, you can use create a scheduled backup with SQL Server Maintenance Plans or using SQL Server Agent jobs and so on. Please refer to Multiple methods for scheduling a SQL Server backup automatically to get more information.

Hope these could help you.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Cathy Ji,

Sorry, How could I execute this command (@@version)? I'm an absolutely newbie in SQL (actually, I am not a DBA at all)...

Thank you

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:32 PM
  • Hi Windows Man,

>> Sorry, How could I execute this command (@@version)?

Please execute this command in SSMS like below screenshot.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, June 20, 2019 1:25 AM
  • Hi Cathy,

Thank you for your reply! So, I ran this command just like you recommended. The following picture bellow shows the result:

Thank you

Friday, June 21, 2019 1:56 PM
  • Hi Windows Man,

After you got your SQL server edition, please follow the steps from the link that I offered above. 

Have a good luck to you.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support

Friday, June 28, 2019 1:23 AM