UWP - in-app purchase is no longer available. Frustration. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've searched and searched but can not find the answer to the problem I seem to be having.

Here is the history:

1) I updated my app to include an in-app (or add-on as it now appears to be called) purchase.

2) I added a new add-on to my code with the ID "jumbleads" checked everything was working locally using CurrentAppSimulator and it worked brilliantly with no issues.

3) I went to my dashboard and created the new add-on item with the same ID "jumbleads"

4) I changed the test code from CurrentAppSimulator to CurrentApp and created my packages successfully

5) I uploaded and submitted my new package to the store and the app and the add-on passed certification and were published to the store.

Now when I download my app and press the button I created to make the purchase I get a popup with the following message:

Choose another Item

This in-app purchase is no longer available in MyApp

[CV:/(some weird random string)]

It has been like this for 2 days now and I'm no closer to figuring out what the problem could be.  I've searched MSDN and the web in general and found a few threads regarding the issue but none have a solution or replies at all.

Please help em.

Why isn't it working? :(

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 5:35 PM

Answers

• The problem has been resolved BUT we are still unsure of what the problem was.

Here's what happened:

I woke up one morning and borrowed my partners laptop to test the IAP and it worked first time.

Her laptop is running: Windows 10 Pro 1511 – Version 10586.545

I then logged on to my own PC to test the IAP and it worked perfectly with no errors.

My PC is running: Windows 10 Pro 1607 – Version 14393.82

Now we're unsure if the problem was fixed due to the fact I logged into and tried the IAP on another machine using an older version of windows or if something happened behind the scenes that fixed the issue.

I plan to add IAP to another of my apps soon and will test things out again and let you know if the problem happens again and whether or not the above process fixes it.

At the moment it is still a mystery.

Monday, September 5, 2016 10:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Coffee,

First please check whether the IAP is available for purchase or not.In the dashboard,click the Add-on Distribution and visibility:

Then please try this method:

Update IAP and submit to the Store(Someone used to solve the problem in this way):
    1. Create an update for the IAP
    2. Under Distribution and Visibility set the IAP to Not available for purchase
    3. Submit the update
    4. Wait for update to publish
    5. Create a new update for IAP
    6. Set Distribution and Visibility back to Available for purchase
    7. Submit the update
    8. Once this update publishes, retest the IAP

If you take all the steps and it still doesn’t work,then ask for assistance here.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:34 AM
  • Thanks for the help.  I tried all the steps you suggested but the issue still remains.

I'll give the support page a try and see if they can help.

Friday, August 26, 2016 11:26 AM
  • Hi coffee,

Did you solve your problem after you open the ticket? If so, would you please show us the solution so that other visitors can refer to? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Neal Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, September 5, 2016 6:28 AM
  • The problem has been resolved BUT we are still unsure of what the problem was.

Here's what happened:

I woke up one morning and borrowed my partners laptop to test the IAP and it worked first time.

Her laptop is running: Windows 10 Pro 1511 – Version 10586.545

I then logged on to my own PC to test the IAP and it worked perfectly with no errors.

My PC is running: Windows 10 Pro 1607 – Version 14393.82

Now we're unsure if the problem was fixed due to the fact I logged into and tried the IAP on another machine using an older version of windows or if something happened behind the scenes that fixed the issue.

I plan to add IAP to another of my apps soon and will test things out again and let you know if the problem happens again and whether or not the above process fixes it.

At the moment it is still a mystery.

Monday, September 5, 2016 10:42 AM
  • Hi Coffee,

Usually it takes time for the IAP to come into effect in the store. There are many developers who added the IAP features within their apps but at first it doesn't work. After some time, it begins to work well. Therefore if you can use the IAP in various devices now without errors, I think the problem has been solved already. You can refer to a similar thread about IAP here.

Best Regards,

Neal Wang

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 1:28 AM