Self Hosted IR NOT showing up in Integration Runtime List in ADFv2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have successfully created a Self Hosted IR and want to use it when running a pipeline in my ADFv2 Data Factory. How do I configure my ADF so that I am running my newly created Self Hosted IR? It is not showing up in the list if IRs as you can see in the Pic. Only the AutoResolveIntegrationRuntime is seen. Where do I tell my pipeline to use my newly created Self Hosted IR?

Thanks

Mike Kiser

Mike Kiser

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 9:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Sorry you are experiencing this. Could you please confirm few things about your issue.

• Could you please confirm if your Data Factory is in "Live mode" or "GIT Mode"?
    • Did you create the Self Hosted IR from ADF UI or Powershell/SDK?
    • If you have created using power-shell, and looking for SHIR in Data Factory GIT Mode, you may not see the SHIR that you created, since the SHIR will be created in you "Data factory Live mode". If you want to use the SHIR that was created, first you need to remove the GIT association, and then sync back it with GIT again. 

Please verify your scenario with the above steps and let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Friday, November 1, 2019 11:58 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Following up to see if you are still experiencing the issue? 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

• Marked as answer by EMKISER Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:04 PM
    Monday, November 4, 2019 6:38 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Just checking to see if the above information was helpful. If you have already found a solution, please consider sharing it here, so that it will be beneficial for other members of the community.

Thank you

• Marked as answer by EMKISER Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:07 PM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 11:10 PM
  • Hi Kranthi,

You were right! I created it in Data Factory mode; when I went back and used GIT mode I can see the Self Hosted IR in the dropdown now.

Thank you so much! That solved my issue....

Mike Kiser

Mike Kiser

Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:06 PM
  • Hi Kranthi,

Sorry I was ill for a short period. YES, you completely helped me solve my issue. Thank you very much!!! and for also checking back to see if it worked...........

Thanks

MIke Kiser

Mike Kiser

• Marked as answer by EMKISER Friday, November 29, 2019 10:56 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:07 PM
  • No problem, Mike. Glad to know your issue was resolved. Thanks for confirming, your feedback helps a lot :)

Thank you

Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Sorry you are experiencing this. Could you please confirm few things about your issue.

• Could you please confirm if your Data Factory is in "Live mode" or "GIT Mode"?
    • Did you create the Self Hosted IR from ADF UI or Powershell/SDK?
    • If you have created using power-shell, and looking for SHIR in Data Factory GIT Mode, you may not see the SHIR that you created, since the SHIR will be created in you "Data factory Live mode". If you want to use the SHIR that was created, first you need to remove the GIT association, and then sync back it with GIT again. 

Please verify your scenario with the above steps and let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thank you

Friday, November 1, 2019 11:58 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Following up to see if you are still experiencing the issue? 

Thank you

• Marked as answer by EMKISER Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:04 PM
    Monday, November 4, 2019 6:38 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Just checking to see if the above information was helpful. If you have already found a solution, please consider sharing it here, so that it will be beneficial for other members of the community.

Thank you

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 11:10 PM
  • Hi Kranthi,

You were right! I created it in Data Factory mode; when I went back and used GIT mode I can see the Self Hosted IR in the dropdown now.

Thank you so much! That solved my issue....

Mike Kiser

Mike Kiser

Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:06 PM
  • Hi Kranthi,

Sorry I was ill for a short period. YES, you completely helped me solve my issue. Thank you very much!!! and for also checking back to see if it worked...........

Thanks

MIke Kiser

Mike Kiser

Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:07 PM
  • No problem, Mike. Glad to know your issue was resolved. Thanks for confirming, your feedback helps a lot :)

Thank you

Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:20 PM