none
How to append x-header information in generated email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

My requeriment is to open the email content to,cc,subject,body, attachement retrive from DB and open the content in user email client ( Outlook ).

To achieve this i'm creating .eml/.msg file with the retrieved information and saving into the local disk and opening the .eml file, all this flow happens programmatically in C#. But when the content opened in  outlook email client it opens as send mode( Although when opening a email to read/send).

I want to open the email in differnet mode Compose/ Reply/ Forward. When i gone through many article understand have to add x-header when generating the .eml file will do the magic. But i'm sure how to achieve this solution.

Can anyone help ?

• Edited by rangarajanm Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:45 PM
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:42 PM

All replies

• hi Rangarajanm,

This problem  occur when you install cumulative security update MS06-016 for Outlook Express.

To resolve this problem, install security update MS06-076.

Thank You.

Remember to vote Helpful.......

Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:03 AM
  • George,

Thanks for the response. I don't have problem opening locally saved email, if i saved in the composed mode or any by using Save as option.

I am trying to generate .eml file programmatically with the content from DB and opening it in a corresponding email client mostly outlook in my case. But i want to open it in different modes Compose,reply,forward etc..But i always get to open in send/read mode. From my investigation i noticed the difference of compose email have X-header(X-unsent:1), So i would like to know how to add that header when generating the .eml file or have any similar solution achieved in a better way.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 8:07 PM