TF255070: Configuring services for Team Foundation Build failed with the following exception: Some or all identity references could not be translated RRS feed

• Question

• TFS Server was installed a machine in domain and virtual machine clients are in work group.

It's fine with me to install / config test agent in virtual machines after following steps as below...

1. Set a domain account for the Controller service

2. Created a local account on the Controller machine and the Agent machine that have the same username and password as the account used to log into the Controller service.

3. Added both local accounts to the local Administrators group on both machines

4. Added the local account on the Controller machine to the TeamTestAgentService, TeamTestControllerAdmins and the TeamTestControllerUsers local groups.

My problem is:

I got error TF255070 in config Build Services in virtual machines using the local account created for test agent setup.

Any idea on this problem?

Thanks in advance...

totta wang

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:56 AM

Answers

• my bad... I should not specify the team project collection in the TFS build service wizard.

So it's my user error :)

totta wang

• Marked as answer by totta wang Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:19 AM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:19 AM

All replies

• my bad... I should not specify the team project collection in the TFS build service wizard.

So it's my user error :)

totta wang

• Marked as answer by totta wang Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:19 AM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:19 AM
  • Hi totta,

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:36 AM