Error with feedback RRS feed

• Question

• I packaged my sketchflow project and opened the package.  Everything works correctly, but there is a problem when feedback is given.  When you enter feedback in the "my feedback" section and then navigate to a different page of the project (a website in my case) an error is displayed and the project closes.  The error is...

A design time error was detected in the prototype.

Unable to cast object of type 'MS.Internal.NamedObject' to type 'Microsoft.Expression.Prototyping.Annotation.FeedbackTextItemEntry'.

Is there a way around this error?  I would like other people to be able to look at my project and leave feedback, but the error is making feedback imposible. 

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:03 PM

Answers

• Updating this thread for anyone else who might come across it.

We were able to confirm there is a bug here, if you are typing feedback text, and then click immediately on a textblock that has a navigation action you will see this error.

The workaround is to click elsewhere so focus is no longer in the feedback entry text box.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have not seen this error before.

Could you possibly send me a copy of your project/the packaged output so we can take a look? If so, please email it to first.last@microsoft.com (substituting my name).

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:11 PM
  • Chuck,

Thank you for the reply.  I just sent you an email with the packaged skechflow project.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:11 PM
  • Updating this thread for anyone else who might come across it.

We were able to confirm there is a bug here, if you are typing feedback text, and then click immediately on a textblock that has a navigation action you will see this error.

The workaround is to click elsewhere so focus is no longer in the feedback entry text box.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:26 PM