locked
Search Refinement Panel displaying terms along with term ID's RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello

    I am having an issue with how the terms are being displayed in the search refinement panel. The terms are displaying along with weird long ID's. How do I fix this issue. Here is some background:

    • Running FAST Search with SharePoint 2010 Enterprise
    • The refinement panel Filter Category Definition was customized so that I am calling specific managed properties instead of using the generic ones in the refinement panel. This issue seems to be limited to this specific site collection as I have done this with other collections and have no issues. 
    • The refinement panel is a on web part page not a standard OSSSearch or FAST results search page. 
    • Here is a picture of the error:
      Refinement Panel Error

    Any ideas? Let me know if you need more info. 


    • Edited by TJB3000 Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:36 PM
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:29 PM

Answers

  • While you are creating the custom manged properties for the term set columns, need to map with correct crawled property 

    For ex: If "Products" as a term set site column

    Give a full crawl to list get the crawled property

    Map the following crawled properties, ows_Products(Text), ows_Products() in the custom manged property

    Then it works :)

    • Proposed as answer by raghupavan Friday, April 27, 2012 7:01 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by TJB3000 Friday, April 27, 2012 5:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by TJB3000 Monday, April 30, 2012 6:07 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 7:01 AM
  • The category configuration we had correct, it was the full crawl that was the issue. We deleted the managed properties once again, did a full crawl and then they showed up. Now everything is working. Thanks for your help. 
    Monday, April 30, 2012 6:07 PM

All replies

  • While you are creating the custom manged properties for the term set columns, need to map with correct crawled property 

    For ex: If "Products" as a term set site column

    Give a full crawl to list get the crawled property

    Map the following crawled properties, ows_Products(Text), ows_Products() in the custom manged property

    Then it works :)

    • Proposed as answer by raghupavan Friday, April 27, 2012 7:01 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by TJB3000 Friday, April 27, 2012 5:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by TJB3000 Monday, April 30, 2012 6:07 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 7:01 AM
  • We did this already. I'm going to review it again just to make sure we didn't miss something, but they are mapped according to the reports after we did a full crawl. Any other ideas?

    Friday, April 27, 2012 2:07 PM
  • After checking our crawled properties we are seeing an interesting issue. In our development system we see the crawled properties as you describe, but in our prod environment the ows_products() does not show up at all. Here are some screen shots:

    In dev:

    dev crawled properties

    Everything shows like expected. 

    In Prd

    prd crawled properties

    You can see that an ows_business_x002f_category() never shows up. Any ideas why? We are running a full crawl again to see if it picks up more properties but so far no success. 

    Also this content is in a document library that is using content types. Thanks for your help in advance. 

    Friday, April 27, 2012 5:46 PM
  • I have did the same, any verify the in the refinement panel configurations and try to do the full crawl after the custom manged properties

    Configured as below it is working fine, verify with your configurations and remove the business/category crawled proptery

    <Category    Title="Product Classification"    Description="All managed metadata of the documents and social tags"    Type="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.ManagedPropertyFilterGenerator"    MetadataThreshold="1"    NumberOfFiltersToDisplay="5"    MaxNumberOfFilters="50"    ShowMoreLink="True"    MappedProperty="hpsproducts"    MoreLinkText="show more products" ShowCounts="Count"   LessLinkText="show fewer products" />

    Monday, April 30, 2012 2:41 PM
  • The category configuration we had correct, it was the full crawl that was the issue. We deleted the managed properties once again, did a full crawl and then they showed up. Now everything is working. Thanks for your help. 
    Monday, April 30, 2012 6:07 PM