WebMatrix - Unable to read PHP settings RRS feed

• Question

• User-1075501609 posted

Hi

After numerous problems with Webmatrix that culminated in Webmatrix 3 crashing every time I loaded a site, I searched for a solution and found that the only one that anybody seems to know to this issue to to install Webmatrix 2(?!) Which I have done, since uninstalling/reinstalling WM 3 made no difference.

Upon reinstalling WM2, all of the issues I was having seem to have been resolved, however in the site settings tab under PHP settings it now just reads "Unable to read PHP settings", so I can't enable PHP on my site.

If anybody has a solution to this issue I would hugely appreciate it. My deadline for this is in two weeks.

Thanks

-Josh

Saturday, April 16, 2016 1:32 PM

Answers

• User1278090636 posted

Hi,

Please check C:\Program Files (x86)\IIS Express\PHP\ , if you are unable to find any directory listed under this path. It means that you don't have installed PHP of WebMatrix. You need to install the PHP.

Then please check applicationhost.config file located in your Documents\IISExpress\config directory. Make sure you configured the PHP settings well.  You can take following link as reference:

Creating PHP Websites with WebMatrix

If this issue is urgent, you can open a case via https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.

Best Regards,

Jean

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2016 2:06 AM