none
I want multiple scan in one position with kinect fusion RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody.....  I want to know if it's possible to tell the kinect fusion program to take multiple *create mesh* when the model is in a certain position.  I.E I am in front the Kinect and I want that the kinect takes 15 3d scans of me almost simultanously....

regards,

Benoit

Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:33 PM

All replies

• Kinect Fusion has no knowledge of time. The samples are all based on continuous integration of depth information based on when frames are ready. If you wish to alter that logic, change the code to meet your requirements. What is the scenario you are trying to achieve since the Fusion tech requires that the sensor is moving to see multiple angles to improve the quality of the scan. This requires the sensor is always moving and integrating that depth information.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, October 6, 2014 5:47 PM
  • For example, I want to take a 3d picture of the head, the torso and the feet of a person...  But it's true that the kinect v2 have no motor so it's difficult to achieve the full scan of a person.  What's your insight about that, do you think that there's a way to capture a whole person with the kinect fusion ?

Merci for answering,

benoit

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 12:59 PM