App Launcher Configuration? RRS feed

• Question

• I just got access to the new app launcher functionality as recently announced on the Office Blog. However, I can't find any technical documentation for this feature aside from the announcement. Anyone have a link? I'm looking for info such as:

• How can admins add/remove apps to/from the launcher for all users?
    • Can an app be added to the launcher based on context? For example, if someone is in a particular site collection?
    • Can an app be added based on a user's permissions or group membership?

Or, perhaps the answer is that there are currently no customization opportunities?

Mike G.

Monday, November 24, 2014 8:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for visiting SharePoint Server forum.

As this is the forum for SharePoint server on-premise, for this issue, I recommend you can post a new question in the dedicated forum for Office 365.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/default.aspx

More experts will assist you, then you will get more information relation to Office 365.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,

Jason

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Lindali Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for visiting SharePoint Server forum.

As this is the forum for SharePoint server on-premise, for this issue, I recommend you can post a new question in the dedicated forum for Office 365.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/default.aspx

More experts will assist you, then you will get more information relation to Office 365.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,

Jason

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Lindali Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 8:51 AM

• -How can admins add/remove apps to/from the launcher for all users?

Answer: The App Launcher in 2013 support hybrid functionality, that is, it can be connected to your O365 account. And then you can add/remove your apps with the O365 custom titles feature. App launcher in 2013 doesn't support on-premise custome tiles yet. (It does in SP 2016)

-Can an app be added to the launcher based on context? For example, if someone is in a particular site collection?

Answer: The app launcher will reteieve the custom app tile information from O365 by the user's O365a account. It cannot display the apps by on-premise context.

-Can an app be added based on a user's permissions or group membership?

Kind of. Not for a specific App, but for all the custom app tiles. For hybrid feature, you can specify the audience of hybrid functionality. And the custom app tiles are rendered by the Hybrid feature from O365.

Saturday, August 6, 2016 2:16 AM