Run mobile pages in real mobile phone RRS feed

• Question

• User-552596657 posted
    Many websites shows about how to run mobile pages on emulators...Actually how to run it in actual (real) mobile phone? I want to use nokia 7250i as the real mobile phone to run the mobile pages and if possible, can i run it like web application. Run in localhost?
    Wednesday, November 22, 2006 6:09 AM

All replies

• User-19547064 posted
    You can't run it on localhost (the phone) because it doesn't have a web server. You'll have to put the site up on a IIS server and then navigate the phone to the address the site is hosted at.
    Wednesday, December 6, 2006 12:28 PM
  • User-552596657 posted
    You can't run it on localhost (the phone) because it doesn't have a web server. You'll have to put the site up on a IIS server and then navigate the phone to the address the site is hosted at.

from what i'm understand, i have to upload it into a web hosting rite? Is there any other way? Because I just doing my final year project and it is not for commercialized purpose. Just simply a demo from a real mobile phone only [^o)]
    Wednesday, December 6, 2006 12:53 PM
  • User-552596657 posted

from what i'm understand, i have to upload it into a web hosting rite? Is there any other way? Because I just doing my final year project and it is not for commercialized purpose. Just simply a demo from a real mobile phone only [^o)]
    Wednesday, December 6, 2006 12:53 PM
  • User-19547064 posted

Yes you need to set the site up so it can be accessed remotely (from the phone).

You basically have two options:

1) set it up on a hosting service (like: DiscountASP.NET or GoDaddy)

2) set up IIS on a Windows machine to host the website (this is the one you'll probably want to do since it's a school project)

Wednesday, December 6, 2006 3:20 PM
  • User-552596657 posted

Yes you need to set the site up so it can be accessed remotely (from the phone).

2) set up IIS on a Windows machine to host the website (this is the one you'll probably want to do since it's a school project)

i've already setup the IIS and i can view the website through the local browser (IE)....so, actually how can i access the website remotely from the phone?
    Wednesday, December 6, 2006 9:10 PM
  • User-19547064 posted

To access it locally you are navigating to http://localhost/ or http://localhost/appname

If your mobile device is connected to the internet then you'll need to open up port 80 for that box on the internet. Then you can navigate to the site using the Internet IP address; like http://###.##.##.####/appname (where the pound signs are you need to type the IP address of the server). Otherwise, if your mobile device is connected to the same network as your server, you can just access it using the local network IP address of the server.

Make any sense?

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:23 PM
  • User-552596657 posted
    did you mean something like this?

my computer has ip address 192.XXX.XX.XXX ...then i can just access it from the mobile phone by just typing http://192.XXX.XX.XXX/appname? i have try it but the mobile phone says "response unknown"....i don't know my method is wrong or the internet is down :D
    Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:04 PM
  • User-19547064 posted
    IP addresses starting with 192. are not Internet IP addresses. This is the local network IP address of you server. Your server is most likely behind a router so you'll need to get the Internet IP address of you router and also setup port forwarding on your router to forward port 80 to your server.
    Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:23 PM
  • User-1856802492 posted

Hi friend Iam also having same problem. I have configured IIS on Vista Home Basic. and can ablt to run mobile web pages.

I need to ask two things to you

1. Aim using Visual Web Developer, How can I connect OpenWave V7.0 Emulator to test my mobile pages

2. How to test them on Real Phone.( Aim doing my final year project) other than Commercial Web Hosting services

I would like to make my development server as deployment server for testing purpose.

I have to be connected to internet right?

then how can I access page on Internet connecetd Mobile Phone?

Help is really appreciated! and very urgent

Friday, December 21, 2007 8:10 AM