Office VSTO add in on Windows Store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can I publish an Office VSTO add in on Windows Store?

My add in interacts with the file system, so it must be a VSTO add in, but for this reason, that is it is not a Web add in, I cannot publish on Office Store.

I found some similar questions, but they are old and perhaps something is changed.

Thanks,

Lorenzo

• Edited by iLorenzoM Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:11 PM
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Lorenzo,

For Windows Store, we currently could publish desktop apps by converting it into UWP apps through desktop bridge. However, VSTO add-in is not supported by Desktop App Converter tool yet. 

You could submit a feature request to Windows Developer User Voice site since I have not found similar post there currently. The more votes your feedback gets the more possibility that MSFT will release it later in the future.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by iLorenzoM Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:27 AM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Lorenzo,

For Windows Store, we currently could publish desktop apps by converting it into UWP apps through desktop bridge. However, VSTO add-in is not supported by Desktop App Converter tool yet. 

You could submit a feature request to Windows Developer User Voice site since I have not found similar post there currently. The more votes your feedback gets the more possibility that MSFT will release it later in the future.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by iLorenzoM Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:27 AM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:45 AM
  • Done!

Thanks,

Lorenzo

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:28 AM