workflow stop working, error: HTTP 500 {"error":{"code":"-2146232060,.... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have sp2013 farm with dedicated workflow server.

I configured a workflow that send email, it is triggered automatically after a user fill a form in SharePoint site.

I tried this workflow for couples of times and it's work fine, after a while it stop working.

There is not any event in Microsoft event viewer in any server farm.

The only event I can see is in the workflow detailed in the site, this is what I get:

when I delete this workflow, and creating new one, it's working fine foe a while and then again stop working.

need help with this issue,

thanks,

Lior

Monday, August 10, 2015 5:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Lior,

As I understand, the workflow stop working in SharePoint 2013.

From the error message, the “0x80131904” is generally from SQL Server side. The content database may out of space. You could check if there are still enough free space for the SQL Server.

You could restart relevant SQL services and SharePoint services. (Go to start->run->type in “services.msc”)

The article below is about sharepoint Will Not Stay Running or Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131904.

http://www.urtech.ca/2014/11/solved-sharepoint-will-not-stay-running-or-exception-from-hresult-0x80131904/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, August 17, 2015 1:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Thursday, September 3, 2015 12:52 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 9:21 AM

All replies

• did you check the IIS manager -> SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool application pool-> Advanced Settings....Navigate to the Identity option....Update the user's credentials and clicked on OK.. This should resolve the issue..error 500

Sreedhar

Monday, August 10, 2015 5:57 AM
  • done it, not resolved the problem
    Monday, August 10, 2015 9:01 AM
  • Hi Lior,

As I understand, the workflow stop working in SharePoint 2013.

From the error message, the “0x80131904” is generally from SQL Server side. The content database may out of space. You could check if there are still enough free space for the SQL Server.

You could restart relevant SQL services and SharePoint services. (Go to start->run->type in “services.msc”)

The article below is about sharepoint Will Not Stay Running or Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131904.

http://www.urtech.ca/2014/11/solved-sharepoint-will-not-stay-running-or-exception-from-hresult-0x80131904/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, August 17, 2015 1:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Thursday, September 3, 2015 12:52 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 9:21 AM