Possible issues of developing the existing application to 64 bit MS Office RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I am a testing engineer and we are currently working with the development team on our MS Excel 2010 plug-in for Microsoft Office 2010 64 bit edition.

The plug-in itself is aimed on close interoperability with other MS Office programs (MS PPT, MS Word).

Sorry for the simple question- as I am not a developer - but nevertheless: could anyone please enlight us about the possible and known issues of updating the existing   plug-in (working correctly under 32-bit version of MS Office) to support a 64 bit version of MS Office? Like memory licks, possible incompatabilities, UI( usability) differences? What issues could arise if we export some object from 32 bit Office to 64 bit one? Would there be any issues if we try to export some object from 32 bit to 64 bit version of MS Office Word(Excel) via remote connection?

Thank you for your response. :)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 3:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Sharpmax

See

Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Sharpmax" wrote in message news:1befcd67-9233-4caf-95ba-cfc5b8e9d612...

Hello everybody,

I am a testing engineer and we are currently working with the development team on our MS Excel 2010 plug-in for Microsoft Office 2010 64 bit edition.

The plug-in itself is aimed on close interoperability with other MS Office programs (MS PPT, MS Word).

Sorry for the simple question- as I am not a developer - but nevertheless: could anyone please enlight us about the possible and known issues of updating the existing   plug-in (working correctly under 32-bit version of MS Office) to support a 64 bit version of MS Office? Like memory licks, possible incompatabilities, UI( usability) differences? What issues could arise if we export some object from 32 bit Office to 64 bit one? Would there be any issues if we try to export some object from 32 bit to 64 bit version of MS Office Word(Excel) via remote connection?

• Proposed as answer by Bruce Song Thursday, January 6, 2011 8:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:47 AM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hello everybody,

Sorry for the simple question- as I am not technically sophisticated  developer - but nevertheless: could anyone please enlight us about the possible and known issues of updating the existing   plug-in (working correctly under 32-bit version of MS Office) to support a 64 bit version of MS Office? Like memory licks, possible incompatabilities, UI( usability) differences? What issues could arise if we export some object (cell, table or chart) from 32 bit Office to 64 bit one? Would there be any issues if we try to export some object from 32 bit to 64 bit version of MS Office Word(Excel) via remote connection?

• Merged by Bruce Song Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:09 AM duplicated
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 3:57 PM
  • Hi Sharpmax

See

Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Sharpmax" wrote in message news:1befcd67-9233-4caf-95ba-cfc5b8e9d612...

Hello everybody,

Sorry for the simple question- as I am not a developer - but nevertheless: could anyone please enlight us about the possible and known issues of updating the existing   plug-in (working correctly under 32-bit version of MS Office) to support a 64 bit version of MS Office? Like memory licks, possible incompatabilities, UI( usability) differences? What issues could arise if we export some object from 32 bit Office to 64 bit one? Would there be any issues if we try to export some object from 32 bit to 64 bit version of MS Office Word(Excel) via remote connection?

• Proposed as answer by Bruce Song Thursday, January 6, 2011 8:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:47 AM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Duplicate of question posted in the Excel Developer forum that has received a response:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exceldev/thread/1befcd67-9233-4caf-95ba-cfc5b8e9d612
    Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:19 PM