possible to use objectdatasource? RRS feed

• Question

• User963602133 posted

I am using EF, and because of a lot of business-rules i have created my own CRUD-methods. Is it possible somehow to use the ObjectDataSource together with my Dynamic Data?

My big issue, and the reason why I am looking at Dynamic Data, is, that I cannot find a way in a normal DetailsView/ObjectDataSource setup to insert and update entities with references to other entities (e.g. a Product entity with a reference to a Category entity). This does the Dynamic Data solve, but then comes in the issue about using my own insert/update/delete methods.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 5:14 PM

All replies

• User-1005219520 posted

I'll look into what we have planned. In the mean time you might want to review David's comment in this post.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:32 PM
  • User1641955678 posted

I have a post on using Dynamic Data with ObjectDataSource.  However, thst solution doesn't handle references to other entities.  We are currently working on a new Business Layer DS that will target this scenario.

thanks,
    David

Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:41 PM
  • User963602133 posted

I am already looking forward to the new business layer datasurce then [:)]

Any comments on what is the best way to get further now then? My only idea at the moment is the add one extra property per reference which can be used to read the Id from the reference or insert a new Id which will be handled in my businesslayer when inserting or updating the entity.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 11:37 AM