Calling .Net COM object from credential provider.... RRS feed

• Question

• Currently I am working with one of the sample credential providers from the Windows SDK (SampleCredentialProvider).

I've modified the code a bit to attempt to call a function from a dll written in VB.Net. This call fails with a return of:

"hr = 0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. "

Now, I have been successful calling the exact same function from a native C++ app but I now want to try and call it successfully from a credential provider.

If anyone can advise on what the error indicates, or how I can better debug this I would appreciate it.

From what I have read, mixing the credential providers with managed code is not the way to go, but I want to see if I can do it.

Below is a copy of my modification to the SampleCredentialProvider project. Specifically in CSampleCredential::Advise.

My code is between the comments and I have a comment just prior to the call that throws the error.

HRESULT CSampleCredential::Advise(
        __in ICredentialProviderCredentialEvents* pcpce
        )
    {
        if (_pCredProvCredentialEvents != NULL)
        {
            _pCredProvCredentialEvents->Release();
        }
        _pCredProvCredentialEvents = pcpce;
        _pCredProvCredentialEvents->AddRef();

///////////////////////////////Attempt to call managed code///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
        HRESULT hr;

IID iid;
        hr = IIDFromString(L"{11CFF0B6-69BA-3BBA-A4A1-AFEC52B63307}", &iid);

CLSID clsid;
        hr = CLSIDFromString(L"{E1044C72-0DAB-3B05-B80F-0F9030574856}", &clsid);

hr = CoInitializeEx(NULL, COINIT_APARTMENTTHREADED);

TestCOMLib::IMyManagedInterface *pManagedInterface = NULL;
        hr = CoCreateInstance(clsid, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, iid, reinterpret_cast<void**>(&pManagedInterface));

if (S_OK == hr)
        {  
            VARIANT_BOOL retVal;

//ERROR occurs on this call:  /////////////////////////////////////////////////
            hr = pManagedInterface->raw_ShowSmileyFace(&retVal);

pManagedInterface->Release();
        }

CoUninitialize();
        ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

return S_OK;
    }

Also, please direct this to the correct forum...thanks.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:46 PM

Answers

All replies