none
microsoft small basic trying to re install RRS feed

• Question

• it was working fine one day and i closed out by accident and when i tried to open it it said this message

i say ok and it dose this the feature you are trying to yous is on a network resource which is not available i have not ever had it on a network file i try to open the file and it says it cant be found i tried to put screen prints but it wont let me    

and i cant open it plz help i don't know why it is doing that thx :)

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:45 AM

Answers

• My operating system is windows xp media edition sp3 i will try that ...

ok i tried searching it and i cant find it when i hit browse it has the file in the program box and then i hit ok and it cant find it so be fore i do that uninstall small basic will it delete my programs and shoud i copy my files first plz tell me what to do thx

Well, my laptop is slowly dying, and one time, when it repaired it's self, it earased The program(small basic) but not the installer. and it didn't effect my programs i have written befor eit got earased. to be on the safe side, you should copy your files first, then  uninstall small basic, then re install. hope i helped!

Small Basic Beginner. :3

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:09 PM

All replies

• If you're trying to install/reinstall Small Basic, i just checked this link. There's a download button there (top right hand side) and it seems to be working ok. http://smallbasic.com/

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:12 AM
  • but this is on my computer not online
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:26 PM
  • It would help to know what operating system you use. i would think that most operating systems have a search option in the start menu or what ever, so you could try searching "Small basic", and click on the re-installer. if nothing comes uo exept just the program, then goto the link Jibba Jabba gave you.

Another thing you could do, is just delete small basic it's self. then, re-download it.
    Sorry if i'm not very helpful. i am new here, and i am learning things about computers and coding. i don't know much, so again, sorry if i'm not helpful!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:51 PM

ok i tried searching it and i cant find it when i hit browse it has the file in the program box and then i hit ok and it cant find it so be fore i do that uninstall small basic will it delete my programs and shoud i copy my files first plz tell me what to do thx
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:39 PM

Well, my laptop is slowly dying, and one time, when it repaired it's self, it earased The program(small basic) but not the installer. and it didn't effect my programs i have written befor eit got earased. to be on the safe side, you should copy your files first, then  uninstall small basic, then re install. hope i helped!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:09 PM
  • thx but im still confused why if i closed out of small basic (program) and when i tried to re open it did that message dose anyone know why that happend

hello

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:19 AM
  • Do you mean you got a message "Microsoft Small Basic trying to reinstall" when you tried to open Small Basic?  If so, I'm not sure but I think some part of Small Basic configuration may be broken.

Nonki Takahashi

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 1:29 PM
  • it was working fine one day and i closed out by accident and when i tried to open it it said this message

i say ok and it dose this the feature you are trying to yous is on a network resource which is not available i have not ever had it on a network file i try to open the file and it says it cant be found i tried to put screen prints but it wont let me    

and i cant open it plz help i don't know why it is doing that thx :)

basically i open small basic from the start menu desktop or under programs and it says "starting installer" and then says (plz look at quote) if you say part of Small Basic configuration may be broken. plz help thx

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 11:04 PM
  • network resource... maybe it was the .NET framework? just an idea. ;3

Small basic beginner today, expert tomorrow.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 11:42 PM
  • I dont use .NET at all (maybe i do not know) my cus installed it and i asked him and he did not know

???

hello

Thursday, May 2, 2013 12:42 AM
  • Hi MB555, sorry to hear it's still not loading.

I don't why it's doing that. Could be you're clicking on the icon that runs the installer or a .NET issue.

Since it's still not working:

Maybe you could try, or get someone to help you, the following:

1. uninstall small basic from the control panel
    2. download and install small basic  http://smallbasic.com/
    3. and if you need to download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=22

Hope you get it fixed soon.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 1:08 AM
  • Okay, I'll give you a few (lot of) steps.

• First, go to the folder in which your small basic files were saved-as you made them.
    • Next, back them all up in a new folder such as, "Small Basic Backup".
    • Next, go to "Control Panel" and click add/remove programs.
    • Uninstall Small Basic Completely.
    • Reboot PC
    • Make sure Silverlight is installed.
    • Install .NET v3.5 service pack 1 and v4.0 onto your PC.
    • When all is said and done, re-download Small Basic.
    • (I'm not sure if i understand, but if you have no internet connection, but have another PC or handheld with download capabilities, download SB and transfer the file to a flash-drive or your PC directly.)
    • Run the setup file, or the file you downloaded from: http://www.smallbasic.com/ (Top right-hand corner)
    • After installed reboot PC and run SB.
    • This should work, it worked for me.
    • Good Luck!
    • :)

I'm 14, and I love to help you!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 12:13 AM
  • ok i have microsoft .net frame work 1.1 do not know if it has service pack 3.5 dose that help?

hello

ps i do have silverlight
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 12:39 AM
  • Okay, you need to download .NET VERSION 3.5, service pack one. And like I said, download also the .NET framework v4.0

but, here:

(v3.5 sp1)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22

(v4.0)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24872

Good Luck!

Friday, May 10, 2013 5:28 PM
  • Okay, you need to download .NET VERSION 3.5, service pack one. And like I said, download also the .NET framework v4.0

but, here:

(v3.5 sp1)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22

(v4.0)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24872

Good Luck!

Ardiezc, if you're 14 now, how old were you when you learned Small Basic?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:56 PM
    Owner
  • hi im sorry i was off msdn but i found out i have .net 3.5 service pack 1 and net version .net framework 4.0 i have not been able to reinstall small basic yet

hello

Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:33 AM
  • On other thing to try is after uninstalling Small Basic, completely delete in the installation folder before trying to reinstall.

Have you every installed a previous version (before 1.0), if so then you may need to uninstall it fully using the appropriate msi for the previous version.

Sunday, May 19, 2013 8:35 AM

• Ardiezc, if you're 14 now, how old were you when you learned Small Basic?

Thanks!

I actually began learning at age 14!
    Friday, May 24, 2013 10:59 PM