Unable to Override property within TeamFoundation.Build targets file RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving the following error when attempting to override the IncrementalGet property within the Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build targets file from my TFSBuild.proj file.  The purpose of this override is to prevent a workspace initialization collision with another workspace created by an earlier prebuild process defined in a custom xaml file. Microsoft documentation suggests that Team Foundation Build property overrides should be declared within the SolutionToBuild ItemGroup, however this itemgroup does not exist within my TFSBuild.proj file.  I am setting the IncrementalGet property to true within a PropertyGroup following the import of the targets file, but obviously trhis has not produced the desired results.  Any help would be appreciated.

TF209001: An error occurred while processing Error event for D:\Builds\a4\IO_SQCRM\ABC_BUILD_TEST2\BuildType\TFSBuild.proj: Set property 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Common.BuildParameter.Json' threw an exception..

Workspace error generated without override -

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\TeamBuild\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.targets (838): Unable to create the workspace 'XXXXX_808_6' due to a mapping conflict. You may need to manually delete an old workspace. You can get a list of workspaces on a computer with the command 'tf workspaces /computer:%COMPUTERNAME%'. Details: The path D:\Builds\a2\XXX\ABC_BUILD_TEST2\src\DSL\BuildProcessTemplates\Branches\Main\Versioning is already mapped in workspace 808_6_XXXXX

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi s1ken,

For your situation, I'd like to know whether you can build the project before TFS build. You have to make sure the project can be build on your local machine or build agent machine with MSBuild before TFS Build since TFS Build use MSBuild as its default compiler.

To override the target file, also check if you have followed the steps in this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jomo_fisher/archive/2004/09/16/230631.aspx

Best regards,

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:22 AM