Please Help RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to this visual basic program. I have visual basic 2008 express edition and im supposed to create a program where I have to write a program to input, calculate and display students grades. i tried asking my teacher for help but she have no clue on how to go about using vb2008 cus she is accustomed to vb 6.0. can anyone please help me in dis dilemma? i tried using two text boxes and two buttons but when i debug the program i get incorrect results and evry single grade.
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 6:42 PM

Answers

• first thing to do...

get a new teacher :)  Seriuosly, a teacher who only knows VB6 shouldn't be teaching a .NET class, if they can't answer your questions.

OK... what format are the grades in? You mean like on this test and that test they got an 83, a 95, etc? And they got an 8 and a 7 on a couple of quizes. Then add up the total points and see what the grade is based on that?

Or just an average of the test grades?

You need to clarify your situation more clearly.

Second, we won't (or I won't - others will) give you your completed code for homework. I'll explain what needs to go where. You'll need to look up, for example in MSDN, etc, how to implement it - such as if we use a Select Case code block.
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Shan Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:32 AM
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 7:12 PM
  • Start with this:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/cc6e08f9-1020-4171-8478-c8a55ab0d34f

If this is similar to your problem, then you can ask specific questions about the code and any difficulties you are having with it.

If not, it includes an example of how you can set out your problem description so people can understand what you are trying to do.
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 10:16 PM

All replies

• Here is Some Simple Math Stuff Only Multiplycation
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vbgeneral/thread/c126e13f-04f7-4b5d-825d-fb8503515a4f

* is Multiply Sign
    + is Pluse Sign
    / Devide Sign
    - ANd ALso Minus Sign

If you want to Get result in Textbox3.     Textbox1 And Textbox2 contain Value(number)
    Code is:
    Textbox3.text = textbox1.text + textbox2.text 'for addition
    Textbox3.text = textbox1.text - textbox2.text ' for Subtract
    Textbox3.text = textbox1.text / textbox2.text ' for Devide

If You Understand This Method then U ABle to Display Student Grade

thank
    Dont Scared With My Silly Example. LOL
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 6:56 PM
  • first thing to do...

get a new teacher :)  Seriuosly, a teacher who only knows VB6 shouldn't be teaching a .NET class, if they can't answer your questions.

OK... what format are the grades in? You mean like on this test and that test they got an 83, a 95, etc? And they got an 8 and a 7 on a couple of quizes. Then add up the total points and see what the grade is based on that?

Or just an average of the test grades?

You need to clarify your situation more clearly.

Second, we won't (or I won't - others will) give you your completed code for homework. I'll explain what needs to go where. You'll need to look up, for example in MSDN, etc, how to implement it - such as if we use a Select Case code block.
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 7:12 PM
  • Start with this:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/cc6e08f9-1020-4171-8478-c8a55ab0d34f

If this is similar to your problem, then you can ask specific questions about the code and any difficulties you are having with it.

If not, it includes an example of how you can set out your problem description so people can understand what you are trying to do.
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 10:16 PM
  • Textbox3.text = textbox1.text + textbox2.text 'for addition

Dont Scared With My Silly Example. LOL
    have you tested out your theory shariq ? trying your solution and adding 2+2='s 22.. ;o/

•.trujade.•
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 1:06 AM