The security validation for this form is invalid. on InfoPath 2010 & Sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have done an Infopath 2010 form with around 80 fields. I published to a Sharepoint Site, so people can access. From time to time I get the following error message:

when I check the correlation token I get this:

Exception occurred during request processing. (User: , Form Name: myform, IP: , Request: https://onlineservices.dwf.co.uk/rsa/_layouts/FormServer.aspx?XmlLocation=/xxx/myform/n50024-030286.xml&ClientInstalled=false&Source=https://xxxx.com/myform/Forms/AllItems.aspx&DefaultItemOpen=1, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:myform:-myXSD-2011-11-07T08-05-20, Type: InfoPathLocalizedException, Exception Message: The security validation for this form is invalid.)

I have been trying everything, including the famous:

1. Formdigest (It not works for me)
    2. Security Validation (It works perfectly

My Sharepoint farm is running the July 2013 SP, so everything seems to be fine.

I am quite desperate with this issue because I can't find a pattern, any advice will be more than welcome.

BTW: The farm is under a HTTPS domain if that helps.

Gabriel Renom -Innovation Developer - DWF LLP - Blog: <a href="http://www.gabrielrenom.net"> www.gabrielrenom.net</a>

• Edited by Gabriel Renom Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:32 AM
    • Moved by Emir Liu Friday, July 26, 2013 8:23 AM
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.
    I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 26, 2013 9:53 AM
  • Hello,

The error message "The security validation for this form is invalid" is a generic error that indicates there was a problem validating the InfoPath Canary value that is sent as a session cookie for all browser forms

Do we have multiple servers in the farm? Are some of these servers behind a load balancer? If yes, do we have session affinity enabled on the load balancers?

Are we hitting a proxy to get to the server? The proxy can cause similar effects. If one is present, bypass it on the client side via a host file pointing the server directly and make sure all proxy settings and auto detect settings in IE are unchecked and then check the behavior.

Also modify the Hosts file of the Web Front Ends such that we have an entry for the site pointing to itself (server's IP address) and check the behavior.

Regards, Dhiraj(DJ)-MSFT |Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, August 8, 2013 11:50 PM
  • Gabriel,

I'm having the exact same issue with one of my clients and the almost the exact same configuration SharePoint 2010 SP2 / InfoPath 2010.

Did you find a resolution?

Thanks,

Brennan O'Reilly

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:31 PM
  • Hello,

Did you find a solution to this problem? we are facing a similar issue

Thanks 

Jimmmy

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 2:46 PM
  • We are facing exactly same problem. if any one resolved this problem please update the thread.

Thanks in advance for your hlep.

Friday, July 25, 2014 4:20 PM
  • Did you find a solution to this problem? we are facing the same issue

Thanks,

Laura

Friday, October 3, 2014 11:58 AM
  • Hi Emir,

I'm currently having this same problem tried the host file recommendation but didn't work, kindly advise any othe proposed solution.

Pete

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 10:21 AM
  • We are having the same issue, ours has been ongoing for over a year and still going after upgrading to SharePoint 2013.

We have verified that the sessions remain with the same server

We have updated the AppFabric Service to CU7 as advised by Microsoft

Has anyone figured this out yet?

Friday, September 15, 2017 7:37 PM