IIS server with multiple FTP. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to create two FTP server in a single IIS server, where both will have different directory with different set of files.

My clients phones should access these FTP based on their User name and password.

However I cannot change the default port numbers in these client phones as well as I cannot have two FTP server with default port number at a time running on my IIS server.

So, anyone please help me is there any work around.

Notes:

* Phones can have default port number only.

* We have to use one IIS server only.

* No 3rd party FTP server can be used.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 6:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Adarsh p s

Thanks for posting here.

To add Web sites using a unique port identifier using the Web Site Creation Wizard.

1.In IIS Manager, expand the local computer, right-click the FTP Sites folder, point to New, and click FTP Site.

2.Click Next.

3.In the Description box, type a description of your FTP site, and then click Next.

4.Under Enter the IP address to use for this FTP site, type your Web server's IP address.

5.Under Type the TCP port for this FTP site, change the TCP port from the default setting of 21 to an unallocated port number. If you are uncertain which port numbers are already allocated, choose a high number, for example a number between 5000 and 5999.

6.Complete the rest of the FTP Site Creation Wizard.

Here are some documents you can refer to.

https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/b77cf015-017f-489c-9b5b-65ca4a679392.mspx?mfr=true

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2548832

Best Regards,

Sera Yu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:41 AM