none
BizTalk and IBM Client Access tools RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

There is a BizTalk application which communicates with AS 400. It's built on top of WCF LOB adapter to communicate to iSeries Client Access tool which communicates to the AS 400 system. The System was built in the following environment. Windows Server 2003 R2 - (32 BIT), BizTalk Server 2006 R2. Now the system is to be upgraded to Windows Server 2008 R2- (64 BIT), BizTalk Server 2009. The V5R3 version of i Series Client Access tool used earlier does not support Win server 2008 R2. our team came across two findings.

One was to use the V6R1 (which was in this link: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/windows/supportedos.html ). which might need code changes to the adapter.

The other one was to use IBM Personal Communications tool. I couldn't find any Microsoft support API's for it so far.

i have two questions.

1) What approach will be more appropriate ? What approach will have less coding effort to upgrade ?
    2) Are there Microsoft support API's for IBM Personal Communication software where it will be able to communicate to AS 400 system. Will i be able to achive what was capable to be done by the iSeries Client Access tool ?

Thanks in Advance !!

Thursday, February 4, 2010 10:50 AM

Answers

• Windows Server 2008 R2 is not officially supported for BizTalk yet either. If this is concerning to you, I would suggest trying to use Windows Server 2008 instead. How would this impact the software support on the IBM side?

I have a production app running successfully on BizTalk 2009 with Windows Server 2008 R2, but I have not tested the IBM related adapters with this so I can not guarantee it would work as smoothly for you.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 2:23 PM