none
ActiveX Controls RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to embed an activex control (.ocx) created using VB6.0. It's a bare bones usercontrol with no extra code, just for testing purposes. But when I embed this control in one of our windows forms in our legacy development environment (Gupta Centura V3.1), running as an MDI child in an MDI context, the main menu bar of our runtime MDI disappears. And to get it back we have to close the container form. I think this to be a bug our development environment, not to support generic cases of activex controls. But the same program when built with some other standard ocx shipped with MS OFFICE 11 (MSCAL.OCX) works all fine and the MDI menu bar stays without any problem. I have checked with all the possible combinations in VB project settings and also from OLE/COM viewer, without any luck. Can someone suggest me if there is anything else that I could do to make it appear to be similar to MSCAL.OCX in order to avoid my MDI menu disappearing once thefocus is passed to the usercontrol? Pls don't tell me to go for MFC or ATL, since this is supposed to be a highly RAD type of work. Thanks.
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 3:08 PM

Answers

All replies