How can I create a Project Template for own designed C# application? RRS feed

• Question

• How can I create a project kind of thing for my application which can have multiple files in it and which can be opened only in my created application.

For eg. my application generated few text files from the data collected on forms.
    I want to store all this text files as one project and save it which can be again loaded in the application later to retrieve the data.

I dont want to use serialization concept. It doesn't fit to my requirements. And I want to have multiple file structure. I dont want to bring all the data in one file.

Please suggest me some good way to implement this function.

Thanks in advance. 

Siddharth.Shinde

Thursday, May 21, 2015 11:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Siddharth.Shinde,

>>How can I create a project kind of thing for my application which can have multiple files in it and which can be opened only in my created application.

Actually one issue is that what you mean "which can be opened only in my created application".

For example, we could create a custom project template.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xkh1wxd8.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

After you copy the .zip file to the default project template folder, we could get it as a new project template like this screen shot:

So just your VS IDE could create this kind of project with the custom project template since other members don't have your .zip file. But if you create a project A with this template, and other members got the project A, maybe other members could open your project in they VS machine. It would be related to the specific files, if they are supported in the default VS IDE, I think other members could open these files. But if these files are created by yourself, and they are required to be resisted, maybe other members couldn't open these files even if they have your projects.

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know. 

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 22, 2015 7:51 AM