Mistake Delete Resource Group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I mistake delete Resource Group, no problem about VM etc, but in RG I have 1 Account Storage with data primary. Can I recovery this Resource Group or only restore Account Storage?

Thank You.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:57 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, once a storage account is deleted, there is no way to recover it.

Deleting a Azure Storage account is an irreversible action.

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:13 AM
  • Unfortunately, once a storage account is deleted, there is no way to recover it.

Deleting a Azure Storage account is an irreversible action. But still there is an option to avoid accidental deletion of storage accounts by settings locks to your account. 

For more details, refer “Lock resources to prevent unexpected changes”.

Microsoft announce the public preview of soft delete for Azure Storage Blobs! Azure Storage now offers soft delete for blob objects so that you can more easily recover your data when it is erroneously modified or deleted by an application or other storage account user. The feature is available in all regions, both public and private. For more details, refer  Soft delete for Azure Storage Blobs now in public preview

When turned on, soft delete enables you to save and recover your data where blobs or blob snapshots are deleted. This protection extends to blob data that is erased as the result of an overwrite

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 10:00 AM
  • @ Atmoko Herdyanto Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:06 AM