BLOB image with the styling (Thumbnail, Medium, Large) is not getting stored in the storage container RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

From Drupal we are facing an issue where in the BLOB image with the styling (Thumbnail, Medium, Large) is not getting stored in the storage container. 
    Whenever a blob image with style gets uploaded, the folder /styles should get created on the container with its style type.

e.g.: If I am uploading an image of style “medium” the folder structure that needs to be created is:
    /styles/medium/windowsazurestorage/  and the images should get stored there.

The image path after applying medium style looks like:
    https://*********.blob.core.windows.net/blobfileshare/styles/medium/windowsazurestorage/2018-02/track.jpg?itok=NjYHSdoB

But this is not working as expected. The folder is not getting created. 

We further checked the error logs and it stated that: 
    The file permissions could not be set on windowsazurestorage://2018-02/track.jpg.

While debugging ,we manually created those folders on azure, but still it’s not working and getting the same error in the logs. 
    I tried debugging the issue but not able to find the cause and currently blocked with this.

Can you please let us know from your end what can be the possible cause for this ?

Thanks,

Satya

Thanks, Satya

Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Satya,

my Drupal knowledge isn't that big, but could it be that Drupal tries to set file permissions on the images once you upload it? If so, the BLOB storage doesn't allow setting of permissions (eg. like is done on webservers to allow reading/writing of files).

Is this a Drupal module you're using? Or are you just storing the images yourself?

Floris van der Ploeg - www.florisvanderploeg.com

If my post was helpfull, remember to click the "Propose as answer" button.

Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:06 AM
  • Hi Floris,

We found the issue. It's due to Sandbox version module. Here the image stytles feature has not been incorporated into the sandbox version of the module. To fix this we have to change our code.

Thanks, Satya

Thursday, February 15, 2018 12:50 PM
  • Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved and thank you for sharing the solution, this can be beneficial to other community members.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, February 16, 2018 6:08 AM