mvc4 installer doesnt install mvc4 RRS feed

• Question

• User65893105 posted

I had to install MVC3 after I had installed MVC4 and nuget, this gave me so many problems, I had to remove mvc4 first and I eventually got to a point where mvc3 was installed and I could use the templates and create mvc3 projects.  I then tried to reinstall MVC4, the install (msi) ran to completion successfully and I tried to create an MVC4 project.  I got a package load error (for basically everything) and when I went to look in the mvc4 directory, it wasnt there !  I reran the msi several times and it was the same every time, I even ran the web sinatller but it said the product was already installed and wouldnt continue.  Im now left in a situation where visual studio 2010 thinks MVC4 is installed ok, but I cant create MVC4 projects and I cant install MVC4 either.  Has anyone else had this problem ?  Is there a fix ?

Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• User65893105 posted

Anyone ?  Nothing I do works !  Ive removed MVC4 and nuget and tried to reinstall, now it fails and I cant view the log file.  Im out of ideas now and apart from a complete reinstall I cant see what else to do

Thursday, May 8, 2014 10:34 AM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi misuk11,

Please use this install package to install ASP.NET MVC 4?

# ASP.NET MVC 4 for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and Visual Web Developer 2010 SP1

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=30683

On the other hand, please repair or re-install the VS.

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 9, 2014 1:42 AM