none
Will the Kinect for Xbox One + the Kinect Adapter for Windows work on my Transcend USB 3.0 Expansion Card? RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have the Kinect for Windows V2 and everything works just fine, for the most part. The thing is, that i have to give the Kinect V2 back, so buying the Kinect for Xbox One + the Kinect Adapter for Windows is something that i have to do. Since the Kinect V2 worked with the Transcend Controller is it guaranteed that things will be OK with the Xbox One kinect? 

This is the  USB 3.0 expansion card : Transcend TS-PDU3 USB 3.0 Expansion Card.

My motherboard has a USB controller not supported by Kinect V2, that's why i got the the Expansion Card.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• If the KinectV2 works for with that card then a combination of Kinect for Xbox One + the Kinect Adapter should work for you as well.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:11 PM
  • AFAIK, it should be works :)

fortunately buying Kinect for Xbox One means you get also additional feature such as IR transmitter. Note that the Kinect v2 is discontinued. Microsoft encourages developer to buy the Kinect for Xbox One and the adapter.

Agile and ALM blog at http://ridilabs.net :)

Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:16 PM
  • Did you run the Kinect v2 Configuration Verifier on your computer yet? I also have the same Transcend USB 3.0 Expansion Card, but the configuration tool won't recognize it, yet the PC does.
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015 3:18 PM
  • Yeah, everything works fine with Kinect v2 + Transcend even though the Configuration Verifier doesn't recognize the particular USB 3.0 chipset. Hopefully Kinect for Xbox One (with PC adapter)  + Transcend will have no issues.
    Thursday, June 25, 2015 7:22 PM