Exchange Hyrbrid HCW8064 error RRS feed

• Question

• I continue to get the HCW8064 when running the the Exchange Hybrid configuration.  I have tried manually creating the OAuth by using the steps here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/configure-oauth-authentication-between-exchange-and-exchange-online-organizations-exchange-2013-help?redirectedfrom=MSDN 

On step 1 I continue to get Cannot acquire auth metadata document from 'https://accounts.accesscontrol.windows.net/<domain>/metadata/json/1'  

I can go to that location through a browser just fine.  I have search the internet everywhere and cannot find a solution to this issue.  I am hoping someone has had this issue also and can provide some steps to get passed it.

We are running Exchange 2013 CU23

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 9:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please provide the complete error information you get above?

Also check if the account you run the command above has been assigned the right role/permission: Organization Client Access.

You could try using the Exchange Hybrid Configuration Diagnostic to collect the Hybrid Configuration wizard logs like this kb introduces

Please note that, this Exchange Server Development forum mainly focuses on scripting issues, And the previous TechNet Exchange forum has been migrated to Q&A forum, please post your issues there if you need further support. 

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 21, 2020 7:30 AM
  • Here is the error.  Yes I have verified that the role/permission for Organization Client Access is applied to the account running the commands and the hybrid config.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2020 2:48 PM
  • Hi Cklein4255,

I mentioned that you opened the same thread in Q&A forum, so we will mainly discuss the solution in it. Thanks for your understanding!

Please try the suggestions provided there which may be helpful to your issue.

Please note that, this Exchange Server Development forum mainly focuses on scripting issues, And the previous TechNet Exchange forum has been migrated to Q&A forum, please post your issues there if you need further support. 

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 2, 2020 3:36 AM