Name lookup / search shows no result RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 v. 3.5.6907.0 installed, but when trying to lookup a name on the search bar on Communicator client, the result shows nothing (error: "No results found").

This is one particular client that have issue like this.

When the similar user login to Communicator using another machine, he can use the search function & add a contact successfully.

I do not seem to found any results while googling on this, perhaps you have better idea where do I look for registry key to overcome this issue?

Reinstalling the client have been done but does not seems to solve this.

Thank you in advanced for any helps rendered.

regards, Packie

---Packie
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:10 AM

Answers

• The most likely cause of this is that the galcontacts.db file that the Addressbook server creates is not being downloaded by OC.  Take a look on the machine in the following folder path (note that this is a hidden dir):

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\sip_{userURI}

and see if you find a file called galcontacts.db.  If the file is not there, then either OC can't access the server location of the file or the file is not on the server.  If the file is there, then stop OC, delete the file and related files and then re-start OC.  It should go out to the server and download the file.

Oscar Newkerk Oscarnew Consulting
    • Proposed as answer by Oscarn Friday, September 3, 2010 9:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Patrick M Monday, September 6, 2010 7:11 AM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 9:26 PM

All replies

• I have uninstalled Office 2007 and other office application before uninstalling Communicator 2007 R2 again

Then reinstall them back but still to no avail. Any takers?

---Packie
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 8:53 AM
  • The most likely cause of this is that the galcontacts.db file that the Addressbook server creates is not being downloaded by OC.  Take a look on the machine in the following folder path (note that this is a hidden dir):

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\sip_{userURI}

and see if you find a file called galcontacts.db.  If the file is not there, then either OC can't access the server location of the file or the file is not on the server.  If the file is there, then stop OC, delete the file and related files and then re-start OC.  It should go out to the server and download the file.

Oscar Newkerk Oscarnew Consulting
    • Proposed as answer by Oscarn Friday, September 3, 2010 9:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Patrick M Monday, September 6, 2010 7:11 AM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 9:26 PM