Connecting to SQL Database on Server to Moblile Device's database and vise versa RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I am brand new to mobile programming so please be kind for my ingnorance
    Here is what I would like to do.
    I have a Pocket PC device running Mobile 6.
    Once I sync up my mobile device to my desktop computer I want to open an application on my mobile device click a button in the application and have data from a table that is on the server's sql 2005 database downloaded to my database table on my mobile device.
    Then I would disconnect my mobile device from my decktop computer and walk around manipulating the data on my mobile device.
    Then when I am done manipulating the data on my mobile device I want to again sync up my mobile device to my desktop computer open an application on my mobile device (Can be the same app as above) and then click a button on the app and have all the data from the database on my mobile device Inserted into a SQL table that is in a database that is on the server.
    That's all.
    I have read many things about Mergeing and publishing using replication but I don't think I want to use that. I work for a company that would use this app for the mobile device behind a very secure firewall and using an IntrAnet. So all I want to have is a direct connection between the databases. To and from the mobile device and sql server database.
    Please any help is very appreciated.
    Thank You
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 12:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• use System.Data.SqlClient namespace

I thing u no window application connection using SqlConnection Class these all techniq use here ur prblm will be slove
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 10:36 AM
  • Dear Chetan,

Could you please elaborate?

Thanks
    Ashfaq
    Monday, February 8, 2010 2:19 PM

• What Chetan meant is that you can access a destkop SQL Server database from the device directly (see this article). That means you need to write everything from scratch, which may require a lot of time and effort.

If you cannot afford it, there is another option: Microsoft Sync Framework. The following pages introduce the framework:

Introduction to Sync Framework Database Synchronization
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sync/bb887608.aspx
    Sync Services for ADO.NET 2.0
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb726002.aspx 

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Friday, February 12, 2010 2:29 AM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 6:36 AM