none
how to edit image of HelpButton on WinForm VB.NET RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys i need to change image of this button

and when i hover mous on it he show ToolTip message ( Help )

i need also chnage it to custom

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 5:32 PM

All replies

• Korg,

In your previous question I made a sample to show it should not be done in an old style but with Ticks which are precise on a 100th of a nanosecond. It took some time but I made it. 

Then Cherry made a sample which was really short. I did not know the duration from Linq. I do not trust samples Cherry makes, but this was was very fine. I tested it and it was very good, so I proposed it as answer and voted it as helpful.

However, you took the answer which gave this ran at my current time as result. 

Which means far away from the AS which it has to be. 

What is your purpose. Having fun with bringing persons in the wrong solution?

I hope that those who want to help others stop as well helping you and leave you to those whose only goal is to score points. 

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 6:28 PM
  • Hi KORG.Pa3x,

By mu search, I don't find any way to add image for Form's HelpButton. The Help icon is only there when HelpButton = True and MaximizeBox and MimizeBox are both set to False. This is the windows standard. If you really want to add image for HelpButton, you'll have to customize the titlebar.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:38 AM
  • Hi KORG.Pa3x,

By mu search, I don't find any way to add image for Form's HelpButton. The Help icon is only there when HelpButton = True and MaximizeBox and MimizeBox are both set to False. This is the windows standard. If you really want to add image for HelpButton, you'll have to customize the titlebar.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

can you give me simple skin like windows 7 window

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 5:28 PM
  • if you want a custom button then change the form border to none and then create a panel which is docked to the top of the form then add the respective buttons u want or you can also add a picture box and set it the image you want then access its click event 
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 6:32 PM
  • hi guys i need to change image of this button

and when i hover mous on it he show ToolTip message ( Help )

i need also chnage it to custom

You might get some ideas from this:

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/42223/Easy-Customize-Title-Bar

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 6:47 PM