Problem with SSMA for Sybase ASEOLEDB.1 driver for image, text and char fields RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with SSMA 5.3 (hope to be upgrading soon to 7.6, difficult to get things authorized quickly in a very restricted banking environment) and attempting to migrate from Sybase 15 databases to SQL Server 2014. For the most part things are working well unless I have a table with image, text or char fields. I'm getting the "[ASEOLEDB]Could not load code page for requested charset" error message.  I don't get it immediately but once I hit a record that gives this error the migration stops.  I've gone through the internet and see many people reporting this with no satisfactory response. Some people suggest to supply the charset (e.g. charset=iso_1) in the connection string but this does not work. I am using a 64 bit machine. I have also seen some talk about 32 bit and 64 bit drivers but again no good answers. For tables having these kinds of fields I switched to the Sybase ASE ODBC driver and the tables would convert but then I noticed that BigInt fields were getting some truncation or appearing to do an integer divide by 100. A number like 8623 would get converted to 86. I'm just doing the default mapping of Bigint to Bigint. This appears in other products like Microsoft Access. You can see if you try to link to a Sybase table.  It's a definite problem with the ODBC driver. For this item let's focus on the ASEOLEDB charset issue. I'll do a separate post about the ODBC driver.
    Friday, January 26, 2018 1:23 PM

All replies

• Hi pjdwyer,

Based on my understanding, this issue is more about Sybase, in this case, I would recommend you go to Sybase forum for more professional response in a more efficient manner.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Hannah

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Hannah Yu Friday, February 2, 2018 10:00 AM
    Monday, January 29, 2018 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

I replied to your other question regarding ODBC - I think there is a workaround possible. Please try it and let us now.

Regards,
    Alex

Monday, February 5, 2018 5:35 PM