none
SAP extended IDoc Type not viewed in BizTalk adapter wizard... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using BizTalk R2 and doing BizTalk SAP integration using ORDERS05 IDoc. After certain development effort using ORDERS05 IDoc SAP team extended ORDERS05 IDoc to ORDERS06 with a couple of segment additions and requested to make use of it. To proceed with this change I opended BizTalk adapter wizard using "Consume Adapter Service" option through "Add Generated Items" and in sequence I selected "sapBinding" in binding section, entered SAP Url and user credentials, click Connect button to view IDOC/RFC/TRFC categories and navigated to "ORDERS" record listing ORDERS01 to ORDERS05 and don't see ORDERS06 as expected by SAP team. In ORDERS05 I see all the versions with release details that I used to see while working on ORDERS05 IDoc and no new entries in that category. Before extending ORDERS05 I generated schema for ORDERS05.V2(46A) IDoc type.

To conlcude, I don't see the extended IDoc type and as well I don't get any results if I search for ORDERS06 in the search window. It's identified that search only works at IDOC category level and when I navigate to ORDERS record and search for ORDERS* or ORDERS06* I get a message that search is not supported at this level. Please let me know if I'm missing anything on BizTalk end or something is missing on SAP end to enable this extended IDoc to be listed in the BizTalk metadata list.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
    Kiran Pabba

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 11:26 PM

Answers

• Can you please verify whether the ORDERS06 idoctype belongs to the message type ORDERS (same as that of ORDERS05).

To verify that, Go to transaction code WE82 and Search for the message type ORDERS.

• Marked as answer by Kiran Pabba Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:22 PM
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 7:53 AM

All replies

• Can you please verify whether the ORDERS06 idoctype belongs to the message type ORDERS (same as that of ORDERS05).

To verify that, Go to transaction code WE82 and Search for the message type ORDERS.

• Marked as answer by Kiran Pabba Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:22 PM
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 7:53 AM
  • Your query did the trick, I don't have access to SAP GUI so requested SAP developer to verify the same and looks like he identified that the extended ORDERS06 does not belong to ORDERS message type and fixed the issue on SAP end. Now I can see ORDERS06 in BizTalk metadata.

Thanks,
    Kiran
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:25 PM