NGC credential provider on Windows 10 crashes inside SetStringValue when wrapped. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to wrap the NGC crednetial provider (ngccredprov) on Windows 10 Version 1511 build 10586.164, hoping to wrap the PIN authentication, but without success.

LogonUI.exe keeps crashing inside ngccredprov!NgcPinCredential::SetStringValue when the user enters the last digit in the PIN textbox. The very same wrapping module used to work with the initial public release of Windows 10.

Has anybody managed to wrap the NGC CP?
    Saturday, March 12, 2016 2:13 PM

All replies

• I also face the exact same problem. I tried to check if this issue is related to changes in the Windows 10 SDK...since it seems like a backward compatibility issue.

There are 2 Windows 10 SDK released-

In the first one, some new interfaces were added (but without any documentation).
    In the latest one - the new interfaces were removed - and a new credential provider field option added ("CPCFO_SHOW_ENGLISH_KEYBOARD").

I tried to adapt my wrapper to work with each one of them - but nothing works.

So currently, I have no idea what can cause this - and any assistance will be appreciated.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:15 AM
  • Hi GuyPing,

If you're still in the same boat, please vote on the feedback hub app on Windows 10 insider build.

Copy and paste the following line in the edge address bar.

feedback-hub:?contextid=67&feedbackid=9f2c023a-ed43-4702-967f-9ce92652b174&form=1&src=2

Thanks!

Monday, May 30, 2016 3:00 AM
  • We are facing the same issue, has there ever been a resolution to this?
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 6:04 PM