Deploy asp.net Mvc + orchard cms on Azure RRS feed

• Question

• User-540818677 posted

I want to build a website for our company. So on phase one of the project I will only use a web template which based on css,JavaScript, html, etc and which I have purchased online, and I will deploy the web template to the net. then On phase 2 I will map the web template to orchard cms and build mainly an asp.net Mvc web application, then deploy it instead of the non-cms web template.So can anyone advice if using windows azure will satisfy my needs for phase one and phase two ?? Second question I read that I can build 10 websites for free on windows azure.. But not sure
    what does this cover??

Saturday, July 25, 2015 4:03 PM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

So on phase one of the project I will only use a web template which based on css,JavaScript, html, etc and which I have purchased online, and I will deploy the web template to the net.

Totally feasible. This is the most basic way of deploying a website so you shouldn't have any issues handling this.

On phase 2 I will map the web template to orchard cms and build mainly an asp.net Mvc web application, then deploy it instead of the non-cms web template.

I've done this quite a bit in the past. The transition from pure HTML to the use within a CMS like Orchard isn't too bad, assuming you have had some time to play with Orchard and understand how it works. 

So can anyone advice if using windows azure will satisfy my needs for phase one and phase two ??

Azure works incredibly well with Orchard. It already has built-in templates for creating Orchard sites and they only take a few minutes to have up and running. You could use Azure to initially deploy your traditional HTML site and then when you need to use Orchard, just spin up an Orchard site, move your content over into Orchard and you'll be done.

Second question I read that I can build 10 websites for free on windows azure.. But not sure
    what does this cover??

You are referring to the Free Azure Web Sites offer of 10 free sites on Azure. The only restriction regarding this is that you'll have to use "azurewebsites.net" at the end of your URLs until you transition these sites to a non-free Azure version. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 26, 2015 11:42 AM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

So on phase one of the project I will only use a web template which based on css,JavaScript, html, etc and which I have purchased online, and I will deploy the web template to the net.

Totally feasible. This is the most basic way of deploying a website so you shouldn't have any issues handling this.

On phase 2 I will map the web template to orchard cms and build mainly an asp.net Mvc web application, then deploy it instead of the non-cms web template.

I've done this quite a bit in the past. The transition from pure HTML to the use within a CMS like Orchard isn't too bad, assuming you have had some time to play with Orchard and understand how it works. 

So can anyone advice if using windows azure will satisfy my needs for phase one and phase two ??

Azure works incredibly well with Orchard. It already has built-in templates for creating Orchard sites and they only take a few minutes to have up and running. You could use Azure to initially deploy your traditional HTML site and then when you need to use Orchard, just spin up an Orchard site, move your content over into Orchard and you'll be done.

Second question I read that I can build 10 websites for free on windows azure.. But not sure
    what does this cover??

You are referring to the Free Azure Web Sites offer of 10 free sites on Azure. The only restriction regarding this is that you'll have to use "azurewebsites.net" at the end of your URLs until you transition these sites to a non-free Azure version. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 26, 2015 11:42 AM
  • User-540818677 posted

thanks a lot for the reply.

Sunday, July 26, 2015 8:35 PM