none
How to unlock - Renew developer license for Windows 8.1 fails

Question

• Is it possible to unlock my original question of 

"Renew developer license for Windows 8.1 fails"

I have tried the posted answers on several occasions with no success.

Is there a solution.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

I am of the opinion that there is no further support for Windows 8.1. Is Windows 10 the only solution.

Thanks Wendel

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hi My2Wanzen,

Windows 8.1 development is still supported, do you have this issue on other devices? You can try to configure the group policy to bypass the license as the Configure PCs for Developing Windows Store Apps part in the document Sideload Apps with DISM.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 01, 2017 7:46 AM
  • Thanks for your response Breeze.

I only have the one device. After reading Sideload Apps with DISM; I hope I don't have to go to the added added complexity of Sideload.

At the moment I am unable to view / open a project in Visual Studio 2015 without being requested to renew my Developer License. Do you know why Visual Studio no longer works with Windows 8.1.

Thanks 

Wendel

Wednesday, December 06, 2017 8:02 AM
  • Hi My2Wanzen,

The Dev license is an OS configuration so not something our team directly supports and it's probably an issue with your system or network. You can try bypass the license as my first reply. We don't know the exact symptoms so there's nothing to even guess on.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 08, 2017 1:52 AM