none
Set .net framework 2.0 as the default version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have 3 different .NET Framework versions (2.0, 3.0, 3.5). Now I when ever I create a new Project or a new WebSite by default the version selected is 3.5.
    I want to make the version 2.0 as the default version all the projects or websites I develop instead of each time selecting the version. Is it possible in any way?

If so, please tell me how to do it?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 2:44 PM

Answers

• Hi
    Follow this steps

1.Go to Soln Explorer
    2.Right click My Project --> open
    3.Now at L.H.S select Compile option
    4.At the bottom of the compile page  Select Advance Compile Options
    5.In this window at bottom Target Framework All configurations
    6.Select .Net Framework 2.0 and press OK button
    And then build ur project

So now ur project will work for 2.0 or any higher versions

Thanks
    anlis

Regards anliS www.businessinsightsconsulting.com Please remember to mark the correct replies as answers
    • Marked as answer by SNK08 Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:07 AM
    Monday, August 31, 2009 6:17 AM
  • Hi SNK08,

As soon as Visual Studio is closed, the settings of IDE will be stored on the machine including the target framework when we create a new project.

I tried creating a Winform application and selecting .NET Framework 2.0 as target framework. Then I closed Visual Studio. After I re-launched it, go to File menu >> New Project, I found that the target framework was set to .NET Framework 2.0 by default. Could you please check that?

Hope this information will be helpful. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, September 4, 2009 2:43 AM
    Monday, August 31, 2009 8:41 AM

All replies

• Hi
    Follow this steps

1.Go to Soln Explorer
    2.Right click My Project --> open
    3.Now at L.H.S select Compile option
    4.At the bottom of the compile page  Select Advance Compile Options
    5.In this window at bottom Target Framework All configurations
    6.Select .Net Framework 2.0 and press OK button
    And then build ur project

So now ur project will work for 2.0 or any higher versions

Thanks
    anlis

Regards anliS www.businessinsightsconsulting.com Please remember to mark the correct replies as answers
    • Marked as answer by SNK08 Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:07 AM
    Monday, August 31, 2009 6:17 AM
  • Hi SNK08,

As soon as Visual Studio is closed, the settings of IDE will be stored on the machine including the target framework when we create a new project.

I tried creating a Winform application and selecting .NET Framework 2.0 as target framework. Then I closed Visual Studio. After I re-launched it, go to File menu >> New Project, I found that the target framework was set to .NET Framework 2.0 by default. Could you please check that?

Hope this information will be helpful. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, September 4, 2009 2:43 AM
    Monday, August 31, 2009 8:41 AM